Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. How did your parents decide on your name?
Well I was supposed to be Anastasia Marie, but my dad said that no child should have to learn how to spell that name and if they were going to call me Staci anyway, then why bother with the longer name. I ended up Staci Nicole.

2. Do your initials (First, Middle, Last) spell out anything fun/funny? 
SNS was maiden and now it's SNC, so nope.  

3. Did you take your middle name from childhood or did you take your maiden name as your middle name? (If unmarried, what do you plan to do?)
It's mine and I've still got it. That's who I am. 

4. Are you or will you name your children thematically (ie. same first letter, all of same origin…)
Well we have an Aidan, and like the name Abigail for a girl, but if we ever have a boy we have no names picked out at all, so maybe/maybe not on the first letter theme. I do like a lot of Celtic origin names though.   

5. Did you decide on baby names as a little girl? Did you stick to them or change your mind?
Not really, but probably shortly after Sean and I started dating I made a list of names I liked, Aidan being one of them. So I had Aidan picked before it became cool and popular. :)  Still have a few on the list, but not in love with them as much. 


6. Does your family have any names that have been passed down through generations?
Not that I know of.  

7. Do you look at the meaning of the name or just the name itself?
Both.

8. Do you name pets with human names (Sally, Henry) or with pet names (Fluffy, Mr. Bo Bo)?
My first dog ever was Ginger, and the dog now is Toby, or more specifically, Toby Tyler. My guinea pig's name was Buster and Aidan's fish's name is Fish. So I guess it depends what animal. 

9. Are there any names that you have an affinity or dislike for based on a childhood experience/someone you once knew?

LOL. Being a teacher, there's a whole list of "will never name my kid that, heck, not even my dog!"

10. What are some of your favorite names? Why?
Aidan, Sean, Staci. Haha. I don't know. I don't have a list of favorites really. I like names that are unique, but not necessarily in the "Uniqua" catagory. I like that the three of us have simple names but are spelled a little different so they are our own. A name is just a name, it's not who makes the person. 



My thoughts on life right now:
Loving my family.
Hopes, dreams, and wishes for so many right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment