Friday, March 25, 2011

M-I-C...K-E-Y...M-O-U-S-E

Aidan's 3rd really? birthday is quickly approaching. And while I'd love to say I'm organized and everything always turns out as I dream it up in my head, that would be lying. I also must admit I'm totally jealous of some of the blogs I follow that have awesome parties shown on them. I only wish I would take the time to make my parties just as fun and unique. So I'm going to try, just a few things each time, to make my parties more festive.

Aidan really loves Mickey Mouse, but not just Mickey, all his friends too. When we gave him the choice between Toy Story and Mickey Mouse, he immediately said "Mickey. And all, alllllll his friends." So, let the planning begin. I wanted to find a personalized Mickey's Clubhouse invite, and where else but etsy could I find a reasonable and great-looking one? (Now that I've got this fancy MacBook Pro I really need to put it to use and start creating this stuff...wonder what other programs I'll need to add on...?) After a little lot of searching for the perfect one, I found one and had the seller personalize it:
I also lucked out on one of my trips to Target and found the Mickey's Clubhouse stickers on sale for 78 cents for two sheets. Of course I picked up like eight packs, just in case...might land in the kiddie goodie bags, which I'm also planning on doing. I got the semi-matching plain envelopes from Michael's and was quite pleased with how that part of the planning turned out. 

Now it's onto decorations, cake/cupcakes, favors, and cleaning house! 
Oh, found these fun zig zag accordian streamers thanks to Janey Mac and I love the way it looks...definitely want to put these somewhere.

My thoughts on life right now:
Holy moly! 3 years?!?!
Time for more accomplishment, less procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment