Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

{delicious}
Recipe:

Ingredients:
1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 egg
15 oz. pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
12-16 oz chocolate chips


  1. Cream butter & sugar with mixer.
  2. Add egg, pumpkin, and vanilla. Mix well.
  3. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, & nutmeg in separate bowl. 
  4. Slowly add to pumpkin mixture. 
  5. Fold in chocolate chips
  6. Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet 
  7. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes. Makes 2-4 dozen depending on size of spoonfuls.
**I used rounded tablespoons to scoop and put it onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets. I probably could have left mine in for 20 minutes, but only because I like a little crunch to my cookies and these were soft all around. They were delicious and a perfect Fall cookie, and pumpkin is high in fiber so it made me feel less guilty about the 2 5 cookies I indulged in had to taste test. I also had to put my batter in the fridge for a little while due to Abby needing me and Aidan needing a nap. They turned out pretty darn good though and I probably could eat all of them on my own.**  


My thoughts on life right now:
There used to be a time when it didn't take 4 hours to make one batch of cookies, but this time is much better because now I have a helper in my kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment