Sunday, October 23, 2011

bears and blankie

{Oh Bears and Blankie, what would we do without you?}
Bears and blankie. Aidan's most prized possessions. He loves those things so much. He's had them since he was first born. They used to be soft and squishy, now they are well worn loved. The bears are all Ty brand and the blanket is Carter's; and none of them can be found so we protect those buggers. Their names are quite unique: Brown Bear and Blue Bears. Yup, the blue ones share a name. One blue bear used to stay at Mom-mom Kathy's house since that's where Aidan was napping during the day while I was at work, but eventually Blue Bear joined the other Blue Bear and Brown Bear and now they're inseparable. 

Aidan has to have them to sleep at night, and if he happens to lose one in bed he will come wake one of us to help him find it. When he drinks his milk in the morning or before bed he has to have Brown Bear. And Brown Bear has to be situated in a way that he is standing on all four legs on Aidan's lap so Aidan can hold the tag in one hand and milk cup in another. At least once a day you'll hear him say "I love you Brown Bear" and he will give it a hug. Before Abby was born he even said that she needed to have a pink bear like his blue bears. And maybe a purple one too. His bears were the one thing he refused to share. 

I'm glad he has something like that to comfort him. They don't usually leave the house, except to go for a car ride or if Aidan will be staying with someone for a few hours. Which is a good thing and gives them less of a chance to be lost. I don't know what we'd do if they went missing...it would be a sad day in this house. Heck, I'm worried they're going to get worn out and get a hole that I won't be able to fix. 

So continue to love your bears and blankie little guy. You are only young for so long.

{posing with his favorites after a nap}
My thoughts on life right now:
If Abby gets attached to something, I'm buying 4 of them "just in case". 
We love bears and blankie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment