![]() |
| {Corner garden in our backyard} |
Being 34 weeks pregnant and not keeping up with the weeds like we should means that I needed to enlist in some help to get the beds cleaned out and mulch put down. Originally I was going to get an estimate from a local company to have the landscaping cleaned up and mulched, but then my sister and brother-in-law generously offered to pick up a truckload (which later turned into two, and maybe a third later this week) of mulch and come by to weed with Sean. We figured this would save a lot of money and many hands make light work, right? Paying for mulch and buying lunch for our helpers was probably much cheaper than having a company come do it.
After a few hours of hard work put in by Steph, Brian, and Sean, and a very little bit of work put in by me...oh, and star supervisor Aidan, the weeds are gone and the mulch is down. We still could use another yard of mulch to fill in the other half of the bed around the shed out back, but the front and sides of the house look great. I've also got to pick up two more Gold Thread Cypress bushes for out front where we pulled a dead one and where I needed one anyway.
Of course there's still a few things I'd like to plant, but that'll wait until fall. Now hopefully we'll keep up on the weeding and it won't take us over again. We greatly appreciate the help that was given to us on Sunday to improve our curb appeal!
My thoughts on life right now:
Landscaping done. Now onto the nursery.
Thanks to more wonderful people in our lives, it's getting a new floor put in this week.
Hard to believe that I may have a new baby in the next 5 or 6 weeks. Time has gone too fast!

Hey Staci, if you ever ran into trouble getting someone to take Aidan when you go into labor, I am always here. (no matter what time)
ReplyDeleteThanks Kel!
ReplyDelete