Wednesday, June 17, 2009

feeling crummy...

So, it never fails. At the change of almost every season I end up with a sinus infection. Luckily the last time I was at the doctor for one he gave me an extra prescription for an antibiotic just in case I were to get another. (I've had so many I can tell the difference between that and a cold) Well I started taking it today and I can't wait to start feeling better.

Only two more teaching days left this school year. Tomorrow we'll be watching a movie, writing letters to my 09-10 class, and playing some more games. I love the game Sorry however this week I have had to look at it from another perspective...that of children who don't follow directions or read the entire card or take turns correctly or congradulate the winner when you are the loser. Kids are mean these days and don't think following directions is important. Despite the rough times, it really brought a lot of my students together who didn't really socialize with others much this year. Certain social groups split up and went with my quieter students. I also had a few students who stepped up and helped a student in need. I think next year my students will play Sorry at least once a week because it can teach you a whole lot about life...
For example: don't rush-think about your actions first, take turns nicely, always congradulate someone who made out better than you-next time you might be the one appreciating the compliment, follow directions, help someone in need, be careful who you go after-it may come back to bite you in the butt, and...always take time to laugh and have a good time.

On another note, is it bad that Aidan likes to watch Wipeout with us? Is it even worse that he laughs when people fall? What exactly are we teaching this kid anyway? I think he just laughs because we laugh, but it's not good that we're laughing at the expense of these people. But, I guess that's just one of those bad human things...we laugh at other people to feel better. You have to admit, it is pretty darn funny though...especially those big balls!

My thoughts on life right now...
Sinus infections SUCK!!!
These last two days are going to take forever to go by!
Take time to have a little fun.
Aidan is a funny kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment