Weight loss to date: 39 pounds {yay!}
BMI: 24.2 ~ Good to be in the "normal" range.
Weight left to lose: 6 pounds
First Goal: 25 pounds {Reached: 9.14.11}
- Reward: Coach Baby Bag {got it and love it!}
Second Goal: 35 pounds {Reached: 12.18.11}
- Reward: a few new clothing items
Final Goal: 45 pounds
- Reward: originally thought some new clothes, but I'll be happy that my old ones fit!
Success: I'm actually fitting into work pants I haven't worn in years, literally. I can run for 15 minutes without stopping. I signed up for my very first 5k. It's the Phillies Charities 5k and is on March 31st. Right now I'm feeling pretty unprepared, but I've got a little time. I checked in with the nurse at the gym last month and this month and I lost 3 pounds and a decent amount of inches. I can see a little more definition to my waist. People have noticed the weight loss, some just in my face, others as the whole body. I'm feeling healthier.
Set-Backs: I still don't eat as well as I could. I tried cutting back on calories and noticed a decrease in breast milk, so I upped the caloric intake again. I really need to eat healthier, and cooking more often would be a solution to improving my eating habits. I still have this damn muffin top. Seriously, I can feel my ribs and see definition up by them and above where my "waist" is. But below the waist near my belly button is just flab. Ugh, it's so annoying. And now I'm kicking myself for not taking better care of myself when I was pregnant with Aidan, wishing I didn't get pre-eclampsia and high blood pressure, wishing I didn't gain 65 pounds and stretch my skin out. Oh well. I'm on the road to healthy now. There's no looking back.
Exercise: I've been getting a good workout in at least once a week. I've also been walking a lot more at school. I'd love to get to the gym twice a week and do Zumba at home once a week. I'm just so tired once Abby is in bed that I'm not far behind her. Maybe once the weather is nice I can take the kids for a walk after school.
Sean noticed some of my weight loss, and even though he didn't say anything specific until I started talking about it generally, I was happy to hear he noticed it too. I've got to keep up the loss though. And I really need to start running or else I'm going to come in last in the 5k! :)
My thoughts on life right now:
Just not enough time in the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment