Wow. Four glorious months have gone by since our Abigail Rose entered this great big world. And we couldn't be happier. We woke up this morning as a happy family of four and it's great. Here's a little about Abby now:
- rolls from back to belly!!!
- giggles when we kiss her cheeks or neck, and is starting to get a little ticklish on her sides and underarms
- loves to smile
- loves watching Aidan and almost seems to want his attention already
- can pick up a toy
- can transfer a toy from one hand to the other
- can bring toys (and anything else) to her mouth
- sits in the bumbo
- still doesn't love belly time, but tolerates it longer than Aidan ever did
- still loves to cuddle on the boppy with mommy after nursing
- yup, still nursing! {made it past my 3 month goal...now let's see how returning to work goes}
- sleeps great through the night and on most car rides
- is generally pleasant 95% of the day
- loves to be held {it's not spoiling...they're only little for so long and if she's my last baby then I'll hold her all day}
- continues to make us the happiest family
Now, a little about Christmas morning. Abby was up first, so I fed her upstairs and brought her into our bed to share some "happy Abby morning smiles" with Sean figuring Aidan would be up at any moment. When Aidan finally woke up, around 9am, he was happy to see all of us. He was cuddling next to Abby so I took an adorable pic of the two of them in their Christmas jammies. Sean asked him why I was taking a picture of them, with their matching jammies, and what was special about them. Right away he realized it was Christmas morning and told us he was ready to go downstairs. It was so cute. So we went downstairs and he insisted he open all of Abby's gifts for her first before even getting into his...what a good big brother. Then he opened his and loved them all, even the clothes. This year we bought him a kitchen. Now I now I'll hear and have heard he should have gotten a workbench, but honestly there wasn't any I loved and I figure he loves the kitchen at preschool and Abby can have it in a year when Aidan's bored of it. Plus, I'm training him to be a great husband one day. Anyway, the kitchen was covered by a blanket. I asked him to get it so I could lay Abby on it and when he pulled it off he was so surprised. So far it's turned out to be a good gift.
A little bit later Steph, Brian, and Darren came over, and then my mom and Mike. Shortly after that Sean's family came around. Meagan and Colby, Cait, and his parents brought half of the North Pole with them, but maybe it's because we all still exchange that it looks ridiculous. One of these years we'll cut back! It was a fabulous morning followed by a delicious dinner and good company at Sean's Aunt Sue's house with tons of family.
The Tuesday after Christmas we headed down to northern Virginia to visit Sean's aunts and grandparents. Grandmom is in a rehab facility recovering from surgery and a fall, but it was so great to be able to see her and for her to meet Abby. It was also great to see Grandmom's eyes have a little sparkle back to them when she held Abby. We have to treasure moments like those even if it's just for a short time.
Although this was another blessed and wonderful holiday, I can't help feel a little sad that it's passed. I always feel like there's something else we should have done, a photo opportunity missed, a craft I forgot, or just sad that time spent with family is coming to an end. But I have to remember to look at all the fun times we had and memories we made.
 |
| {happy} |
 |
| {Abby's 1st Christmas} |
 |
| {wow} |
 |
| {the stockings were hung} |
 |
| {a happy kiddo} |
 |
| {worn out abby being protected by toby} |
No comments:
Post a Comment