Tuesday, November 22, 2011

10 on Tuesday

1. What are you doing for Thanksgiving this year?
I'll be cooking here for about 10 people. This is the third Thanksgiving we've hosted and since everyone brings at least one dish, it makes it much easier.
2. What are you most thankful for this year? 
Definitely my family and friends and our very happy and healthy baby Abby. 
3. Do you have any traditions on Thanksgiving? The parade? Football? Long naps?
Wake up, watch a little of the parade with Aidan (and now Abby too) in our bed, then get to work cooking. The TV is always on...first the parade then football. After we feast, we usually scope out the Black Friday ads for any great deals. 
4. Is it called stuffing or dressing? Is it in the bird or a separate dish?
It’s called stuffing. It does not belong in your turkey. That's just gross because then either the turkey or the stuffing won't cook hot enough in the middle and then you risk getting sick from the bacteria. 
5. Do you cook?
I do cook. This will be the second time I made the turkey, the first year I had Sean's mom bring it because I was afraid to ruin it. Love the Reynold's oven bags for the turkey...it keeps it moist and there's no basting required. I also make a good amount of the sides. 
6. What is your favorite dish?
The mashed potatoes with my mom's sweet potato casserole in a close second.
7. What is your dessert preference?
I love pumpkin pie, although I can’t usually enjoy it as much as I’d like since I’m so full!
8. What is your favorite Thanksgiving memory?
I don't really have a favorite, but just enjoy that family comes together to eat at the same table.
9. Do you plan to shop on Black Friday?
No! I hate the crowds and the lines and especially the stupid people. If someone really wanted me to go with them I would, but I feel like I can find good deals on other days besides BF. 
10. What are you most dreading about Thanksgiving this year?
The possibility of gaining weight from all the overeating I'm likely to do. I've been doing great with losing weight and I'm afraid my self-control is going to get lost at the holidays. But, I need to remind myself that I'm the one in control of my body. Oh, and that it means I've only got a month left as a stay at home mom. That sucks the most. I love being home with my kids.
My thoughts on life right now:
Hoping the turkey tastes great.
Hoping for leftovers, but not too many.
Thankful for so many things.

No comments:

Post a Comment