Let me start this out by saying that everything is a-o-k with baby and I. I didn't call everyone we know to inform them of this trip because I didn't want anyone to worry since all is well. Trust me, had there been something to worry about or if I was in labor I'd be shouting from the rooftops and asking for lots of prayers.
I was up quite a few times last night due to bathroom trips and crazy storms we were having and noticed that the baby wasn't moving a whole lot like usual, but just a kick here or there. When I woke up I had some OJ and took my iron pill. About an hour or so later I noticed I still hadn't felt much movement and started to worry. Usually this baby is a mover and a shaker, especially after sugary stuff like OJ. About an hour later I still hadn't felt much, if anything, and was starting to panic. I called the doc and she said to eat and lay down and if there wasn't any movement to go to L&D for a NST. Well, I was panicking and all I wanted was to shower (this usually makes her move) and go in just in case. So I showered and thought maybe I felt one kick, but maybe it was just my hopes. I had a quick bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and Sean called his mom and she came over with Cait and sat with Aidan while we took what felt like the longest ride of our lives to get to the hospital. All I could think was the worst, which wasn't doing any good. So I prayed, and prayed hard.
I was up quite a few times last night due to bathroom trips and crazy storms we were having and noticed that the baby wasn't moving a whole lot like usual, but just a kick here or there. When I woke up I had some OJ and took my iron pill. About an hour or so later I noticed I still hadn't felt much movement and started to worry. Usually this baby is a mover and a shaker, especially after sugary stuff like OJ. About an hour later I still hadn't felt much, if anything, and was starting to panic. I called the doc and she said to eat and lay down and if there wasn't any movement to go to L&D for a NST. Well, I was panicking and all I wanted was to shower (this usually makes her move) and go in just in case. So I showered and thought maybe I felt one kick, but maybe it was just my hopes. I had a quick bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and Sean called his mom and she came over with Cait and sat with Aidan while we took what felt like the longest ride of our lives to get to the hospital. All I could think was the worst, which wasn't doing any good. So I prayed, and prayed hard.
I felt one kick when we riding there, and then one more when I was waiting to get hooked up...relief, but still worried something might not be right. As soon as the monitor hit my belly and I heard her heartbeat I felt the biggest relief. Not long after that she started wiggling...I guess she didn't like the tight bands around my belly. I was SOOO relieved that she was okay. She still hasn't been moving as crazy and wild as usual, but she has been moving so that's what matters. But to go from my whole belly literally shaking when she moves for an hour at a time to nothing/barely noticeable, was quite scary. The nurse said it was good I came in to make sure everything was okay and not to feel bad about it, sometimes babies just have lazy days and this must be one of them.
I was incredibly worried and scared before we went. I felt horrible for Aidan having seen me cry, and when I got back he even asked if his sister hurt me. What a caring little guy we've got. I also felt bad for making Sean worry, and then having to make his mom and sister worry too. But what mattered most in the end was that everything was fine and the baby was healthy. Oh, and having everyone's support was pretty good too.
My thoughts on life right now:
Relief. Thankful. Blessed.
Nothing can be taken for granted.
Prayer is powerful.
Relief. Thankful. Blessed.
Nothing can be taken for granted.
Prayer is powerful.
No comments:
Post a Comment