Yup, right here in New Jersey. The whole kitchen shook this afternoon while I was eating lunch, talking to Sean who was making his lunch, and Aidan was enjoying some Lucky Charms. The cabinet doors were knocking and the floor was swaying. We all just stared at each other. At first Sean thought I had bumped the cabinet, although I would have had to be running at it full force to make any kind of movement and it would have been nothing near what we felt. Then we both thought and said earthquake, but then the idea of how crazy that was went through our heads and I said maybe it was a gas explosion or something. So we all went outside and saw all of our neighbors walking outside of their houses too. No gas explosion, definitely an earthquake. We returned inside and within minutes the local news was reporting a 5.8 magnitude earthquake happened near Richmond, Virginia. Apparently folks from North Carolina to New York had felt some of the quake. Just crazy!
My thoughts on life right now:
I'm thankful no one was hurt.
I'm glad I had given blood for pre-op earlier in the day.
Very, very thankful that it didn't happen during my c-section on Thursday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment