Monday, August 24, 2009

weekend recap

I love that picture of Aidan. It's him enjoying his very first Oreo cookie. He's just so darn cute. This was taken at Jaime & Todd's wedding reception on Saturday at The Concordville Inn. It was a great day!
This weekend we had a great time at the wedding and the festivities afterward. We managed to get some yard work done on Sunday and Sean mowed our jungle. This rain is good, but the weeds and grass are growing too fast to keep up with. Poor Aidan came down with a fever on Sunday night. We gave him some Tylenol before bed hoping it would go away. It got quite high and he woke up a few hours later and I put him in a cool bath. He was not happy about this at all but I had hoped it would cool him a little. We hung out for a while downstairs watching tv, what little tv is on at 2:30am. Then we went upstairs and slept in the spare bedroom for a bit with hopes that if he could cuddle he'd feel better and get some sleep. It worked off and on but he still wasn't feeling great. Finally at 6:45 I had to wake Sean and ask him if I could just get a couple of hours of straight sleep. It's amazing how 2 straight hours of sleep will make you feel. I got him to go down for a nap about two hours ago which is great. I'm really hoping he wakes up feeling better.
We were supposed to go to Ocean City to visit with my mom and Mike since they're down there on vacation, but those plans got scratched, for today at least. I'd love to get down to the beach at least once more before the summer is over...which is happening all too fast!
My thoughts on life right now:
Fevers SUCK!!!
End of summer is approaching way too rapidly.
I wish we would hit the lottery!

No comments:

Post a Comment