So let me start off this post with a recap of the morning... I had an IEP meeting at school to go to and Cait came over to watch Aidan. The meeting ended a little early and I had time to get back home and pick up Aidan and still only be a couple of minutes late to story time at the library. Cait wanted to join us which made it even better. We got to the library and got right into singing. Then we listened to a couple of stories, tore and glued white paper to make a cloud on a blue piece of paper, and then Aidan wanted to get down off my lap as soon as he realized the instruments were out. He was so excited to get down and play with them! He had no problem about leaving mommy or Aunt Cait either. He was so excited when the cymbals made a loud noise! He had such a great time! He put away his instruments and mat so nicely today too. He even wanted to help with the other kid's mats. Too cute!
Now, back to the fact that it's August 3rd already. I can't believe how fast this summer has gone. I'm not happy about it at all and I'm kinda sad that I've only got a month left before having to go back to work. I really have a great time with Aidan, especially doing things like storytime. However, that's not why I'm wishing today wasn't the 3rd already. The reason is that tomorrow is our 3rd wedding anniversary and unlike any good wife I have not gotten Sean anything. I got him a card, but nothing else. For some couples this is normal (what year can you stop getting each other gifts?), for others this is unheard of. I was hoping Sean would agree that the re-do of the living room would be our gift, unfortunately he didn't. Even worse, he took Aidan shopping on Saturday. This means I'll be the bad spouse come tomorrow. We don't even have dinner plans or anything. Sheesh. You would think we've been married for years and years. I guess once a baby comes the romance goes. Well, at least we had a very wonderful and memorable first anniversary, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment