Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ocean City

Tuesday morning Aidan and I headed down to Ocean City. Since my mom and Mike were down there on vacation this week and we love the beach we took the invitation with much happiness. After unloaded way too much stuff for one night's stay, we got ready for the beach and headed down. Mike's daughter Danielle and her husband Mike were down as well. They have a son that was born the same day as Aidan just five or so hours later...the ironic thing is that they share the same name. So, Aidan and Aiden got to spend some time together. It's amazing how different two kids born on the same day can be. We had a beautiful day at the beach and then spent a little time on the boardwalk getting dinner and ice cream. We all had a great time.

Today when sleepyhead Aidan finally woke up around 10am we got ready for the beach after breakfast and went to enjoy some more sunshine. The greenheads and biting flies were bothersome and it was a bit windy but it was gorgeous out. The sun was shining and the boys actually played near each other today. Aiden Michael decided that the sand toys could be fun enough to sit with for more than a few seconds and my Aidan played as well. He also found a few holes to sit in that filled with water. Unfortunately his teeth are really bothering him and he was a little whiny and clingy the past couple of days. Plus, the beach is always better when Daddy's around, and he was stuck working at home.

I got some great pictures and will post them to the Snapfish group room and facebook eventually... :-)

I really, REALLY wish we had a shore house to go to more often. It would be so much fun. However, no matter how little traffic, the drive still sucks. It's so exhausting.

My thoughts on life right now:
I am blessed to be able to do the things I do with my son.
Aidan is the best.
Things are easier when Sean's around.
I love the beach.
I'm EXHAUSTED!

No comments:

Post a Comment