Sunday, August 16, 2009

weekend recap

This weekend was lots of fun. Thank God for all of the beautiful sunshine! Friday night we headed over to Steph's to go with a rather large group to the St. Michael's celebration. The pork sandwiches were delicious. We walked around a bit and watched a Polynesian dance which Aidan loved of course. Then we hung out at her house for a bit while Sean, Colby and Brian played some Tiger Woods.

Saturday Sean was busy mowing our jungle of a yard so Aidan and I took advantage of the weather and an invite to Brian's mom's pool. My mom and sister were over as well. It was wonderful. We put the swimmies on Aidan and although he didn't let me let him go, he did enjoy them and being in the pool. He also enjoyed his popsicle! He slept the entire ride home and continued to nap after I left for Jaime's bachelorette bbq. That was a good time as well.

Sunday we had another beautiful day and this time Sean joined us, as well as Brian and Phil, at the pool. The water was 84 degrees! Perfect! Aidan floated in a float for a while and then put those swimmies on and had a little fun. I was able to let go of him just for less than a minute or so, but it's something. He had a lot of fun playing with the toys and floating around. He fell asleep on the ride home but didn't go down so well when we got to the crib. My dad, Rachel and brother came over as well as Brian and Steph for dinner. Monday is Darren's birthday and Wednesday is my dad's. We had some bbq'd chicken and ice cream cake. It was nice and although Aidan didn't take a nap and was a little sad at times, he was pretty funny. He did really well eating dinner tonight. He had some chicken and corn on the cob. It was adorable! I'm excited he's finally wanting to eat something other than baby food. He got a pool after devouring a piece of ice cream cake and was ready for bed right after his milk. Sean and I keep talking about how tired we are and how late it feels yet we're both hooked onto our laptops. Yup, that's right, we're sitting in the same room, Sean in the chair and me on the couch with the dog cuddled close, watching the Phillies while sitting on our laptops. What was the world like without so much technology? Can you imagine life without wireless? Sheesh. I'd be in bed by 9pm! :-)

My thoughts on life right now:
Life is good.
I love my family, all of them.
I wish we had a inground pool in our backyard.
Is it bad that I'm already trying to come up with a Halloween costume idea for Aidan? I'm thinking a family theme set of costumes would be fun this year.
I can't wait for storytime at the library tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment