Saturday we all slept in! Aidan didn't wake up until almost 10am! He's such a good sleeper, well, lately he's been stirring a little more at night, but still sleeping quite well for us. Our plans of a trip to Home Depot and getting yard work started early went by the wayside and we got started much later. Sean made it to HD but I never got outside to do any work before we had to get ready for Dawn's 40th birthday party over in PA. It was a great time and Aidan and I even went for a dip in the pool! He loves water. I swear he's a little fish. We borrowed a baby float from another couple that was there and he seemed to really like that as well. He was just kicking and kicking those legs of his. He slept quite well once he finally got to bed and Sean and I watched another movie, Stepbrothers. I think that's a record for us...two movies in one weekend. It was kind of nice actually. Usually it's just sports on TV.
Today Aidan got up a little early and Sean was wonderful and let me go back to sleep for a bit. Mornings like that are FABULOUS! Once we were all up and moving we started getting ready to do more lawn stuff. Sean got outside and got to work and Aidan and I decided it would be a good idea to hang outside on the patio and play with a little water track that has boats in it.
So I decided since it was hot out and he wasn't ready for a nap yet that it would be a great idea to fill his pool and let him play for a bit.
He was not happy watching it fill so he got in and helped the hose out.
He played in there for a while, spent some time on his swing set and then on the big swing before getting ready for lunch.
He ate fairly well but I could tell he was exhausted. Little did I know, he was so exhausted that he fell asleep in his high chair minutes after he was done eating lunch. It was adorable!
He ended up taking over a 3 hour nap before Sean woke him up to get ready to leave and go to dinner at his parent's house. My mom and Mike stopped by to drop off a couple of things and got to see the sleepyhead for a few minutes before we left. Dinner was yummy and the company was great. Our little guy is now sleeping peacefully in his crib and we're pretty exhausted too. No movie tonight.
My thoughts on life right now:
It was a great weekend.
Being productive makes me happy.
Aidan is AWESOME!
Aidan is adorable and very, VERY loved.
I/We need to be productive this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment