Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bye Bye Bottles!

Today at Aidan's 15 month check-up Dr. Liao said it was time to kick the bottles to the curb. She said "out of sight, out of mind". We unsuccessfully tried to do this right before vacation and it did not work at all. Since then we've got him down from four bottles to two, just a morning and night time bottle. The late afternoon one was fairly easy to get rid of. Well, tonight will be his last bottle with Daddy. As I type this tears come to my eyes. Seriously. As much as we will love not having to wash all 6 parts of one bottle, we will greatly miss the time spent cuddling with him as he drinks each one. He never was a child that held his own bottle, unless it was done. He just cuddled and played with his bib or our hands as he drank. That time was priceless and now that it's going away it's really sad. I'm not quite ready for my baby to grow up yet. Heck, we get a kick out of him walking over to the chair to get his bib for us to put on him. It's his way of letting us know he's thirsty. I know that just because the bottle is gone doesn't mean he's all that grown up, it's just hard to believe my baby isn't such a baby anymore. Thankfully he's naturally a cuddler, but I'm really going to miss those bottle feedings. I know Sean is too. Let's hope this goes smoothly for all of us.

My thoughts on life right now:
I'm afraid of Aidan growing up.
I'm afraid Aidan is going to scream at me tomorrow when I hand him a cup.
This should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment