Wow! I mean, my intuition already told me that, but still. How exciting?!?!
Today was my anatomy scan, as well as Sean's birthday. After a minor wait and a blood draw to check my thyroid levels again, we were called back by an ultrasound tech I had never seen before. I was
secretly hoping for the one tech that I love, but was a little disappointed when I saw it wasn't her. However, I couldn't have been happier with how the ultrasound and the tech turned out. The tech talked us through every single measurement, even of my ovaries. The baby looked magnificent, and was head down. At first glance, I thought I saw girl parts (only knew what to look for from seeing so many darn u/s pics on message boards I frequent), and then told myself that I certainly couldn't be sure. The tech measured everything and it all looked great. Things measured anywhere from 18w4d to 19w5 days, which is normal, especially since we weren't 100% sure on dates from the beginning. After getting all the necessary measurements, she went for the between the legs shot and the legs were crossed with no intentions of moving. After a little belly wiggling, she saw girl parts and said she was almost positive, but would have the doctor check again when he came in. She printed us off a bunch of pictures, a really cool one being of the bottoms of both feet. When the doctor came in, he said that everything looked great and when I asked if he'd double check for us, he said he was 98% sure it was girl, which is the most he'll ever guarantee.
So happy birthday Sean, I got you a "daddy's girl". But most importantly, we have a healthy baby on the way.
Oh, and Aidan was excited when we told him. His response was something like "really? wow." And he promised to be a good big brother and help take care of her. He even said he'd share with her, just not his bears.
My thoughts on life right now:
Thank God for blessings like these.
Another little one that will be lucky to have a daddy like Sean.
Aidan is going to be an awesome big brother!
Congrats Staci!!! What great news!! I'm so happy for you and your family. Girls are so much fun!!!
ReplyDelete