Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday Aidan!

Wow. I can't believe my little man is three years old already. Three. 
This glorious day started bright and early, right around 4:15 I heard whining on the monitor (yea, he's 3 and we still have the baby monitor on...so what?). I thought he'd go back to sleep, but instead he crawled into bed with us and cuddled right up to me, arms wrapped around me and everything. Let me tell you-ceiling fan on, minimal pjs, no covers, and a little heater wrapped around me-great sleeping conditions. I'll be honest though, I enjoyed his cuddles and about three years ago the pain of the induction had me up right around the same time too. I guess he was just trying to remind me of that day. As Sean's alarm went off a little after 8, I realized my little guy had moved over to cuddle with his daddy. What a priceless sight.

After a little pillow talk, Aidan and I got out of bed and moving to head out to the zoo, just the two of us.  With very little traffic and clear skies we made it there with no problems, well, except for when the Zoo Balloon was out of sight. We walked around the zoo for a couple of hours, and Aidan had a few must-see animals on his list: gorillas, monkeys (specifically meaning the orangutans), and the bunnies and chickens. He had a great time seeing all the animals and even went for a pony ride. Last time he was there it was for Boo at the Zoo in October, and he's grown so much since then. He was telling me where he wanted to go, what to see next, and when we could and couldn't leave exhibits. He didn't grow up too much though since he stayed close and even wanted to hold my hand when he wasn't cruising in the stroller. He and I had a blast despite the almost 90 degree weather and fairly decent crowd for a weekday.

We enjoyed some time at home where sleepyhead finished his nap he started in the car and then Aidan opened his gifts from Mommy and Daddy. We got him Cars and Toy Story kites, a Cars sling back chair for the beach, a Cars playmat for his little Match Box cars, and a set of junior golf clubs. He was very happy with everything and couldn't wait to play with it all.

Our yummy dinner was at The Pop Shop. He turned very shy when they sang to him, but had a great dinner and dessert overall.

What an awesome day for an amazing three year old blessing.

My thoughts on life right now:
Tomorrow is my birthday, but the best gift was given to me today: I was able to spend all day with the best little boy in the whole world and give him a birthday he really enjoyed. 
Very blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment