So there are a few things I'd like to do around the house this summer. One of them being making over Aidan's bathroom. When we bought the house it had a rubber duck switchplate and I just went with it. Lately I've had enough of the ducks and wanted something a little more stylish but still kid-friendly. A month or so ago while in Target I saw an awesome whimsical
shower curtain. I held off because I didn't want to impulse shop, even though I knew the bathroom was on my to-do list. Well, today while out at Target I decided to go ahead and get the shower curtain and a few coordinating items to go along. I love the little squirrels and owls on there, and so does Aidan. The colors are just right and seem to match the existing wall color perfectly. There are still some things I'd like to get to finish off the room now that I've seen what I already bought put together, but it'll be easier to add on now. I'd also LOVE to get a new vanity and tile floor in there, but that's just dreaming. lol. I do think I'll try and find a light fixture that matches a little better since I've hated the builder grade one since we moved in! Anyway, here are some before and after shots for you.
{BEFORE}


{
AFTER}


I'm just
totally in love with the way it has turned out so far. It makes me smile, seriously. I don't really have style, so the fact that this ended up looking as good as it does and making me feel this happy about it is quite pleasing. So, what do you think?
My thoughts on life right now:
Yay for one project started and basically done!
Steph, you should be happy about all this posting. :)
I am!! Wohhooo!! You can do the tiles!! And a vanity, do it yourself girl power!!
ReplyDelete