Sunday, April 18, 2010

Happy Birthday, Phanatic!

We had standing room only tickets to the Phillies game today to celebrate the Phanatic's Birthday. We took Aidan last year as well and he really enjoys all the extra mascots and fun. After we walked in and got Aidan's free t-shirt, Aidan and I went to stand behind a nearby section while Sean exchanged the shirt for a smaller size. We hadn't stood there for more than a minute when an older gentleman walked up to Aidan and I and said "I have two extra tickets to the Hall of Fame club, would you like them?" My reply, "Yes! Are you serious? That would be awesome. Thank you so much!"

Then no sooner did he walk away and I pulled myself together, Aidan I went to find Sean to tell him the great news! We then walked up to the Hall of Fame club to find our seats and it only got better. Once inside the club, Sean took a bathroom break and Aidan and I checked out the wall of balls. I was familiar with the room as Sean and I had our unbelieveable wedding rehearsal dinner there, but Aidan was an excited first timer. They even had boxes of cookies that were free for the kids, so Aidan was even more happy. We found our seats next to the super-nice gentleman in the 2nd row of section 231. Turns out, the tickets are his brother-in-law's season tickets. His brother in law couldn't make it to the game because he's the Flyer's dentist! Yup, the man who fixes all those pitiful smiles has a full season ticket plan of six seats in the Hall of Fame Club. Crazy! Oh, and get this, the seats are padded! How awesome! :-)

{our view}

{Aidan who hates the camera & Mommy} {a very sleepy Phillies fan}

My thoughts on life right now:
Thank you very nice gentleman for giving us awesome ($55/each) tickets so we didn't have to stand the whole time.
Aidan's going to be 2 in one week, holy crap.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! that is good luck!! Glad to hear you had a nice time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you had your wedding rehearsal there?!? how nice!! congrats on the phab seats and the great luck getting them!! I love sitting there (did it once or twice), I love being near the broadcasters, lol!! Glad Aidan had a nice time too!

    ReplyDelete