Yup, that's right. We saw two santas this weekend. However, one was big and green and furry and lives at Citizens Bank Park. That's right folks, we saw Phanta Claus this weekend. Aidan was so excited to be back at the ballpark and was confused when he looked out onto the field and no one was there. As soon as we got in line and told him he'd see the Phanatic he got excited and even said yes when we asked him if he was going to sit on his lap. We were still a little worried he was going to freak out so we dressed for the picture just in case. We didn't have to wait very long, and by that I mean less than an hour compared to last years hours. When we got to the front of the line and Aidan could see the Phanatic he was thrilled. That mood changed just a bit when I peeled him off of my hip to hand him over and step back. He didn't cry though, just sort of sat there wondering why the heck I let him go to the Phanatic. As a 19 month old, the Phanatic is pretty darn big, and well, there were all these strange people around looking. I'd be a little nervous too!
Today we trekked out to the mall in the chilly weather and waited in line to see Santa. This guy wasn't quite as entertaining as Phanta Claus, but he was quite authentic. Again, we worried he wouldn't sit with him, but he did well. He of course smiles and is excited while in line and then turns serious as soon as he's in front of the camera. Luckily for everyone he didn't cry though. He was very excited to get his book from Santa and even waved goodbye.
So, finally I can get to work on those Christmas cards...hopefully I'll have them done by Christmas! :-)
My thoughts on life right now:My little boy is growing up so fast. Will visiting Phanta Claus become a yearly tradition?I barely have any shopping done, and that worries me. I love my guys, even Toby our dog.
Too cute! I think Jack has the same Christmas shirt :) Gymboree?
ReplyDeleteYup! I love that place! He's got an ivory button up and red sweater vest too to wear for Christmas or the eve.
ReplyDelete