Well, until today I had only bought two boxes of diapers for this little one, seriously. Um, hello, I'm 25 weeks and have zilcho stuff for baby girl. And if it were a boy, I think I could be okay with that since I could use some of the stuff from Aidan, however, she's a girl and could use a little shopping courtesy of Mommy dearest. So since my biggest priority right now is getting her room started, I figured I'd get the bedding and then we could get paint and go from there. I fell in love with this set from Pottery Barn Kids:
So Aidan and I trekked up to the nearest PBK to check out the colors and make sure I still loved it...and I'm so glad we did because I hated the crib sheet. I could have used a different one, but since I don't use the bumper and wasn't going to buy it, the whole "theme" would have been lost. And, thankfully while I was there I fell head over heels in love wtih this set on display. The little birds chirped at me and I just had to have it. (this was my second fave in the catalog):![]() |
| {Haley Bedding Set} |
![]() |
| {Penelope Bedding Set} |
I love the colors-light and dark pink, sage green, and yellow. The little birds are so sweet and yet not too girly. It's so fresh and adorable. I ended up getting the crib skirt, crib sheet, and toddler quilt...all of the things I used for Aidan. I can already think of some things to accessorize with, and the Pottery Barn Kids catalog has a lot of ideas, but I'm hoping for some Target or Home Goods finds to make it a little cheaper. I'm already thinking of using something like this to accent a wall (they can both be color customized):
Or maybe this:
So as you can see, I'm finally in "girl mode". Now I just have to figure out what to do with the walls in that room. Right now they're bright white, which would match, but I'm not sure how I feel about white walls. Maybe with this Penelope Valance (in pink/green) or green curtains like these, and with the wall decal, it wouldn't be so plain in there. And not only do I hate to paint, but that would save us a weekend of work in that room that needs some type of new flooring. Oh, and here's the furniture that Aidan is so kindly giving to his little sis: crib and dresser/changer combo. Whew. I guess now's a good time to start clearing out the office.
So as you can see, I'm finally in "girl mode". Now I just have to figure out what to do with the walls in that room. Right now they're bright white, which would match, but I'm not sure how I feel about white walls. Maybe with this Penelope Valance (in pink/green) or green curtains like these, and with the wall decal, it wouldn't be so plain in there. And not only do I hate to paint, but that would save us a weekend of work in that room that needs some type of new flooring. Oh, and here's the furniture that Aidan is so kindly giving to his little sis: crib and dresser/changer combo. Whew. I guess now's a good time to start clearing out the office.
My thoughts on life right now:
A girl, still a little surprised but feeling ultra blessed and happy.
There are so many cute things for girls.
If I sing loud enough will the forest animals come help me clean and the fairy Godmother appear to turn my office into something magnificent?




No comments:
Post a Comment