Monday, February 15, 2010

"Yay!" {with fist pump}

***WARNING: This post is about Aidan peeing and pooping on the potty***

Yippee!!! Aidan has now peed and pooped on his little potty twice now! Okay, so I blogged about the climbing out of the crib milestone this weekend...which was shocking enough. But on Friday I caught him just as he was trying to hide in the corner to take care of business. I realized he hadn't gone and rushed him to his bathroom to sit him on the potty. He let out a little pee and I gave him a superstar reaction. I think that helped him to realize what the potty was actually for. I never thought he'd actually poop on the potty. A little grunting later and he did it! He really did it. After washing his hands, he got two m&m's for using the potty and was thrilled.
Tonight I caught him after dinner getting ready to go and figured it was worth sitting him down again. When asked if he wanted to use the potty he said yes and ran his naked little hiney to the steps to go upstairs (note to self: buy another potty for downstairs bathroom and for mom-mom's house). We ran upstairs, he sat down, and peed right away. This time though it came with a right arm fist pump while the left hand held onto the potty. Oh, and to top it off, he let out a cute little "Yay!" The cutest thing ever. Everytime a little pee would come out he'd give the same "fist pump yay" reaction. SO adorable. Again I thought I couldn't get lucky enough for him to poop, but he did and boy was he happy. It was great! We gave him so much praise {and of course his two m&m's} and he was so proud of himself. I can't believe my little boy used the potty twice now.

My thoughts on life right now:
Wow. Potty training. Crazy.
Where on Earth did the last two years go?
My little baby is becoming a little boy.

1 comment: