Thanks to another snow storm I got a snow day today, which meant time at home with Aidan {and Sean, but he works}. Aidan slept in until 10am which gave me time to shovel a potty spot for Toby out back and take care of the first round of shoveling the sidewalk and driveway out front. Huge appreciation to the neighbor who used his snowblower to take care of the bottom of the plowed in driveway. Once sleepyhead was awake it was a day full of books, cartoons, playing, and running around. We had breakfast and lunch, and even made banana muffins. We made a lot of trips upstairs to see "Da". He also had fun in the ball pit that I was finally brave (or bored) enough to open. Aidan would like to thank Aunt Meg and Uncle Colby for being crazy enough to get him that for Christmas. He had a lot of fun throwing all 120 balls out and then running around to pick them up and throw them back in. Thankfully he cleans up after himself. Tonight after dinner he emptied it and then was doing flips and rolling all around in it! It was pretty funny.
The snow today wasn't just snow, which stunk because it was less pretty to watch. It was a mixture of sleet and rain and then snow. Which makes for tough shoveling since it's so heavy. I went out twice and Sean went out when he was done work. Hopefully it will switch to all snow soon and won't be as heavy.
So tonight I had to go into the attic to put away a couple of small Christmas decorations/gifts that were lingering and get the Bumbo for a friend who'd like to borrow it. Since Sean was out shoveling I figured the safest spot for Aidan for a few minutes was his crib. I put him in and he was interested in what I was doing with the pull-down steps (he can see them from his room). He was pretty content for the few minutes I was up there. As I'm at the top of the steps figuring the safest and best way to get down them carrying the Bumbo, out of his room pops a very happy and excited Aidan. Yes, you got it folks, he climbed out of his crib. The look on his face was absolutely priceless. Quite hilarious really. It was the biggest smile in the world. He even threw his arms out like "Here I am Mom! Look at me!" I couldn't believe it. All I could do was laugh. I asked him if he climbed out and he just replied with a smile and a "mmhum". I put him back in the crib to see if he'd do it again and even took video on my phone. No climbing out though, just an attempt. So, do we switch the crib to a toddler bed now? Or do we just hope it won't happen again for a while? What I do know is before he goes to bed tonight I'm really making sure his room is safe just in case he gets out.
My thoughts on life right now:
I love snow days.
I hate making up snow days in June.
My 21 month old climbed out of his crib!!! Holy crap!

No comments:
Post a Comment