Tuesday, October 13, 2009

mommy's little helper

Aidan has hit the age where he wants to help out with everything, even things he's just not ready for yet. The first thing was wanting to carry his own lunch bag. That was cute and it's not harmful at all. The next big thing was him wanting to help feed Toby. It's quite amazing and I can't wait until he can do it on his own but for now, I'll continue to be the steady hand holding his hand to get the food scoop from large container to small dog bowl ten long feet away. It's much easier than cleaning up one cup of dog food from the floor morning and evening.

Today I was going to vacuum but there were dog toys in between Aidan toys. Once the Aidan toys were picked up, Aidan picked up Toby toys and put them in Toby's toy basket. Perfect. Somehow the dog manages to leave his toys out all over the place more than the boy, so maybe Aidan and I can work out a deal. Once all the dog toys were up Aidan starting running around like crazy and couldn't wait to help get the vacuum out. Aidan didn't really want to help though, he just wanted a good excuse to run around while I vacuumed. Once it was off he was quite upset. Have you ever met a kid who loves the vacuum? The floor can only get so clean my dear.

My thoughts on life right now:
Aidan is the best.
Sean and I are truly blessed.
I hope this deal at work goes well for Sean since he's worked so hard on it.
My students are quite interesting this year, but they've taught me a lot. I just hope I can do the same for them.
I need some new clothes. A real wardrobe. With style.
I never get to bed early enough.

1 comment:

  1. well step outside of your comfortable box of solid colors and accessorize!

    ReplyDelete