What a lovely fall weekend. It's time for all the local fall festivals and town days and I love it!
Friday night after enjoying a delicious Chinese take-out dinner from Tokyo Mandarin, Aidan, Sean and I spent some quality time together just hanging out and getting to bed early to make up for the lack of quality sleep we've had lately.
Saturday we got up early and Aidan and I headed to Pitman day with Kathy while Sean stayed home and got the yard work done. Pitman day is huge! There are so many crafters lining the streets. They've got a little bit of everything and a lot of people! We got these great house number signs that stick in the ground. Very cute (very poor description on my part). I sprayed it with polyurethane and now it's in the ground. Love it. After Pitman day we grabbed a bite to eat at Vesuvio's. It was delicious and much needed after all of that walking. By the time we got home Sean was done yard work and getting ready to walk up to Logan day with us. We walked to the park up the street where the festivities were being held and were shocked to see how crowded it was. I guess it's the fabulous weather we're having, because it's never been as crowded as it was this year. Aidan fell asleep as we caught up with people we haven't seen in a while as we walked around. I got a couple of free loaves of bread from LaBrea bakery and a few other freebies. I love freebies. After a nice walk home we enjoyed some family time before Sean headed out to watch the fight at a friend's house while Aidan and I relaxed in our jammies. I thought I would get some stuff done once he went to bed but we both fell asleep in the chair. After putting him to bed I went right to bed myself. It felt nice.
After a very good 10 hours of sleep, we got up Sunday morning and enjoyed the crisp air as we got the newspaper and let the dog out. We only lounged for a bit before getting showered and taking a family trip to Acme. Believe it or not, it's kind of fun for all three of us to go. We only had to get a few things so it was a fairly short trip. Once we returned home we got things ready for some friends and family to stop by and watch some football. We had some yummy snacks and meatball sandwiches and lots of good company. Once everyone left our new guests arrived...see my letter below. I'm not kidding. I was sitting in the kitchen doing lesson plans when I saw a cricket, I felt sort of brave since I had just killed three earlier in the garage. Well, that's when I turned around and saw his buddy right behind me getting closer. That's when I started my sissy fit full of flailing hands and whining! No joke. I freaked out and Aidan and Sean watched me and neither jumped up to save me. Some guys. Finally after grabbing Aidan from Sean he came to my rescue and killed the crickets. Within 10 minutes of me getting back to work there was another one just feet away. Ridiculous. He got flip-flopped. Then I finished work and came into the family room and there was another one...Aidan just pointed as I yelled some expletives and told Sean to get him. Seriously? This is ridiculous. The sad thing is that wasn't the end of them. When I took Aidan up to bed Sean killed two more. I think they're coming in because it's getting colder out, but still. Get the hell out of my house you damn ugly bugs!
So, besides the evil crickets we had a really great weekend. :-)
My thoughts on life right now:
I love, love, love Sean and Aidan.
Aidan is the best.
Crickets suck.
Looking forward to Swedesboro day, a trip to Linvilla, and anything else "Fall".
Not looking forward to work because it's not as easy as many people think.
Sean's got a long to-do list coming from me, uh-oh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment