So about a month ago on a trip to Babies R Us I picked up at potty for Aidan so we could put it in the bathroom just to get him comfortable with it there but with no intention of starting any training. Well immediately he was interested in it and we'd let him sit on it if he tried to. Then recently I started sitting him on it right before bath time because without fail he pees in the tub within seconds of sitting down. Eventually he'll go before getting in the water, right?
So this afternoon he walked over to his potty and sat down on it with all of his clothes on. Sean laughed and said he must want to get a bath because Aidan was trying to take off his shirt and started pointing at the tub. So we realized he was associating sitting on the potty with getting a bath. Even though it wasn't bath time I let him sit on it without his diaper on. He seemed content and sat for about 15 seconds. He stood up and went over to touch the big potty. After being told to not touch it he proceeded to pee all over the floor. I guess he was trying to tell us he wanted to use the big potty. Needless to say, he got a bath out of it after all. Lucky him.
My thoughts on life right now:
Aidan is a funny kid.
Aidan is more ready for potty training than we think, but we're in no rush.
I can't believe he'll be out of diapers at some point...wow. Where are the baby days going?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment