Saturday, March 31, 2012

I did it!

Yay! I did it! I finished my first 5k ever! And before I turned 30 in 26 days. It was the Phillies Charities 5k. I was nervous and excited, and not so happy that it was going to be a chilly 47 degrees with a 60% chance of rain. Thankfully though once the race started and a mile in I was at a comfortable temperature and pace. I even shed the gloves that Sean so graciously let me borrow since I forgot mine. At about mile 2 I realized I was feeling pretty darn good and was not going to have a problem finishing, and could probably pick up the pace. So by 2.5 I really picked it up and finished at about 36 minutes.

Unfortunately, my tag did not register so I didn't know exactly what my time was. I would have loved to have seen the printout though that told me where I was ranked in my age group...probably toward the bottom since I was at the old end, and exactly what my time was. My results were posted later online...I ran it in 36:06. Not bad. Certainly would have liked to have been a little faster, but at least I know I can try for a better time.

Next time I know I can push myself a little harder from the beginning, but I'm so glad I finished feeling good today. I had a great time and I am so glad I did it with my sister, and Chrissy too. I already signed up for The Comet Run on April 28th at my school. Should be fun!   

{Before the race}

{I did it!}

{finished my 1st 5k}
My thoughts on life right now:
I'm proud of myself. 
I should believe in myself more.
I have the best supporters ever. Love you Sean, Aidan, & Abby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment