Saturday, August 7, 2010

Big Boy Bed!

It's a big day for Aidan, his crib was converted to a toddler bed! Of course while I was trying to take the footboard off he was mommy's best little helper. He wasn't too happy when I moved themattress off, but was thrilled when he got to climb into his very own bed. He told us he would not climb out of his crib because he would fall, so I was hoping he would be just as cautious about getting in and out of the bed...I was fooled. He must have climbed in and out 20 times in five minutes. He thought it was great. He didn't even scoot down, it was more like a step off the side. All of a sudden we take away the front and he gets brave. Great. As usual he fell asleep cuddling with Sean after his milk. After a little while I performed my nightly routine of taking him up to bed. What an easier task to do without the crib front on! My 30ish pound baby wasn't so hard to lay down without waking. My back thanks me for the conversion. Check him out:
[shortly after letting him on it for the first time]

[snoozin']

My thoughts on life right now:
A bed, really? No more crib?
Where has the time gone?
Will I get a wake-up visit from Aidan in the AM?
Don't forget to close the gate at the top of the stairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment