Sunday, November 8, 2009

What a weekend!

What a nice, long, semi-relaxing weekend. Thanks to the NJEA convention weekend I had off Thursday and Friday and Sean had some days to use so he took off as well. Wednesday while I was at an all day workshop Sean took Aidan to music class. Aidan was very good and was extra interactive. Daddy sure was proud of him. Once I got home we decided to take a trip to the mall to check out Gap since Sean is in dire need of new jeans in a more appropriate size. Luckily for all of us he finally found a pair that fit. He was quite happy as well. Of course Aidan didn't get out of there without a trip to Gymboree where he got a cute pair of puppy slippers that were on clearance. They're a size or two big so he'll have to wait a bit before he gets them. I got an absolutely adorable outfit for a friend who is due at the end of this month. I forgot how tiny newborn clothes were! I can't wait to meet him (and of course get some baby-holding time in!).

Thursday we were hoping to be productive but were all moving kind of slow so we didn't do too much other than some things around the house. Later in the day we took Aidan for his very FIRST HAIRCUT!!! So fun. We also took a trip to Ikea which Aidan really enjoyed. I'm sure he was thinking "if only all stores could be this fun".

Friday after Aidan's nap we really wanted to get out to Spread Your Wings so Aidan could have a great time running, climbing, and playing on things. Once there he had so much fun. He went up steps, down slides, played with instruments, and experimented with just about every other thing in there. His favorite thing by far though was the ball pit. He was really making Sean work on his day off. He thought it was so funny to throw the balls out so Sean had to get them. Once he got the hang of moving around in there he never wanted to get out. He even liked sort of jumping into the balls. It was so cute. It was neat for me to see how much more active and able to do things he was this time than when we were there last for a play group in August. We both really enjoyed watching Aidan have a great time and were glad we could both be there with him. We spent the rest of the day cleaning and doing laundry. Not nearly as fun as watching Aidan play.

Saturday we hosted a small get together compliments of Shop Rite. Steph put my name in to win their Ultimate Tailgate Party and I won the grand prize of the Touchdown Party. There was tons of food! Everyone enjoyed it and we got to see a few friends we haven't seen in a while. It was also nice to have family together too.

Today we were in recovery mode, all of us. We all stayed up a little later than we're used to and I think all the running around was catching up to us. We had round two of the food and a few people stopped by to help us eat it. We've still got some leftovers so at least I won't have to worry about lunch or dinner tomorrow. I ran a few errands and came to one conclusion...if you want anything you better buy it three months before you'll need it if it is seasonal or it will be GONE! Tonight I had to order Aidan's Christmas outfit online because few stores still have holiday wear out. Tomorrow at school I'm hoping I can borrow Fall themed stationary from someone to make a color copy of for a project I want to do with my class. I went to multiple stores to paper and there was none. Even Michael's scrapbook section didn't have loose, single sheets of a print or even some solids I could have used. Ugh. Just annoying. I did however pick up a few dollar section items for my students' Christmas gifts this weekend. I'm thinking a good finishing touch will be homemade something-cookies or candy maybe. I so can't wait for Christmas.

My thoughts on life right now:
Family time is priceless.
Aidan's new hair cut is adorable, and so is he.
I still can't believe my baby is a year and a half old!
I can't wait for Christmas.
I need to hit the lottery!!!
At this rate, will swim suits be on the shelves in January???

No comments:

Post a Comment